Pets are a source of comfort, and for many of us, they are family. Isn’t it up to us to give it our all in case a family member falls sick, especially one that cannot speak for itself? It’s entirely possible that you have heard of this new miracle treatment in case you have a sick pet at home. But of course, there will be many questions in your mind about what CBD is and its benefits for pets. Let’s explore some key therapeutic effects of CBD for pets so you can decide for yourself how your pet can benefit from it.
What is CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is a raw ingredient found in cannabis, which is a plant we associate with marijuana, but in reality, is its cousin hemp. Hemp has a more significant concentration of CBD than marijuana, which why it is cultivated for CBD products worldwide. Unlike THC, which is a psychoactive compound in marijuana, CBD is non-psychoactive and is safe for pets.
How does CBD affect the body?
CBD engages with the body via the endocannabinoid system or ECS. The ECS is a biological system that exists in all mammals managing several processes such as memory, immune response, sleep, and more. The ECS consists of receptors that interact with plan derived cannabinoids causing many responses throughout the body. The CBD products for pets have proven to be beneficial by inducing responses that aid the treatment of diseases.
Seven most common benefits of CBD for dogs
- Powerful painkiller– CBD has become the go-to product for pain management as it interacts with the body’s nervous system to reduce pain and inflammation. CBD stops the uptake of anandamide, which helps dampen the pain signals in the brain, causing relief.
- Anti-inflammatory– Its anti-inflammatory powers has become its main reason of popularity for the treatment of various conditions.
- Anticonvulsant– CBD is a natural anticonvulsant and is capable of controlling tremors, seizures, and spasms. Seizures are generally caused due to the rapid firing of neurons in the brain, which the CBD can help control by restoring order and reverting back to their default settings.
- Reduces stress and anxiety– CBD produces serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that induces feelings of calmness, therefore, reducing stress and anxiety.
- Antiemetic- Symptoms of the disease are often more frustrating than the disease itself, and CBD helps in controlling nausea and vomiting while stimulating appetite. Sick pets lose appetite, which affects their treatment and is the leading cause of deterioration. Inducing a healthy appetite may be the key to bringing your pet back to the happy go lucky fellow it was.
- Reduce the speed of tumors– Studies have shown that CBD can help protect against cancer by slowing the development of cancer cells and the spread of malignant tumors. Chemotherapy can cause many side effects, which can be alleviated using CBD products.
- Promotes homeostasis– apart from its medicinal properties, many pet owners use CBD to promote overall health and well being of their pets. The body works by maintaining a delicate balance, and sometimes this balance gets thrown off. CBD stimulates the ECS, which can help in restoring order to the intricate balance in the body.
It’s hard to see your pets suffering from pain, anxiety, and inflammatory diseases, which is why you should definitely give pet CBD tinctures a try. With such promising results, there’s bound to be some improvement, which could be a source of comfort to you and your pets. Give your dog a fighting chance, which is so convenient to use and readily available.
Determining the CBD Tincture Dosage?
There are many charts available on the internet to help you determine how much CBD tincture your
dog needs for its weight. We recommend buying the 1000 mg bottle and titrating your dog’s dosage.